PRIME Partnerships in International Medical Education is a UK-based charity. We are an international network of professional healthcare educators, committed to integrating rigorous science and compassionate care for the whole person.
Your privacy is very important to us and so we're committed to protecting it.
The data we collect: PRIME only captures and stores your personal data when you have given us your permission to do so. Some of this information might be given as you communicate directly with us. For example, you might fill in one of our online forms, ring our operations team or even come and speak to us at an event.
Every time you visit our website we will collect non-personal data, such as IP addresses (the location of your computer on the internet), pages accessed, and files downloaded. This information enables us to continue improving your experience of our website. No personal data is captured on our website without your permission.
PRIME does not receive or hold any credit card details used for donations/payments. All credit card payments, on this website, are handled by our agents; PayPal.
We will only collect your data if:
- We have your permission to do so - you can change your preferences or unsubscribe by clicking the links on the bottom of any email or contacting us directly.
- We think we have a legitimate reason to do so - for example if you have showed an interest in a particular area of our activity or you have attended a similar event previously we may contact you in subsequent years to inform you of similar future plans or events.
What we do with your data:
How we handle your data:
- Process your request, donation or responses and keep you updated with the work of PRIME.
- Improve your experience of PRIME - for example feedback from our conferences/events is very useful when planning future events.
- Process and update you with employment/volunteering opportunities - information provided by you whilst applying for a job or volunteering opportunity will be used to support the recruitment process and develop teams for our programmes. We will also use this information to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy
We have chosen these software providers as they are industry leaders and have all signed up to the EU US Privacy Shield.
- Storage - Any information you provide us with will be held on our database, which is securely stored on our own dedicated server. Certain information will also be stored elsewhere, for example:
The length of time we store your data will depend on the context you provided that data to us, for example in order to meet our legal and accounting requirements we will store records of any financial transactions for a minimum of six years, or for Gift Aid-related donations for a minimum of 12 years.
We will continue to review the way we store and use your data ensuring that we do not hold onto data for longer than necessary.
Who we pass your data onto:
We do not pass any or your personal data on to other organisations or individuals for marketing purposes. With your permission we may pass on your details to one of our partner organisations, for example if you ask us to join a PRIME programme. In the case of financial transactions, we may need to pass your data on to our accountants and external examiners, or HMRC to reclaim Gift Aid.
You have the right to:
Limit how we use your personal data
- Be informed. We hope that this policy answers any questions you may have but if you have any concerns please contact us.
- Get access to your personal data. You can ask to see your data at any time. We will not normally make any charge for this but on occasions we may need to ask for an administration fee.
- Ensure your data is up to date. We will do all we can to ensure that your data is up to date and protected. If any of your details change or are incorrect please contact us.
- Be forgotten. In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to erase your information. These circumstances include when:
- The personal data you have provided for a specific task is no longer needed.
- You have decided to withdraw your consent, or to object to the way we are using your data and there is no good reason for us to continue.
- Your data is being used unlawfully
- Your personal data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation.
In certain circumstances you have the right to restrict how we use your personal data, for example:
- When you dispute the accuracy of your personal data - you can restrict the use of your data until it is accurate
- When you have objected to us using your personal data and we are considering whether there remains a legitimate interest to us using your data
- If we have used your data unlawfully and you choose to waive your right to be forgotten and prefer to limit how we use your data instead
- If we no longer need your personal data and you require the data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim
Object to how we use your personal data
You have the right to object to how we use your personal data. Specifically, you have the right to object to:
- Our decision to use your personal data when we think we have a legitimate interest
- Any direct marketing
- Any time we choose to use your personal data for scientific purposes or historical research and statistics.